Skip to main content

Recipe: Sweet Pea Soup

Sweet Pea Soup






Trying out new recipes is fun! 

In the book "The art of raw living food" there is a recipe for a pear cake...we tried it and it tastes yummy! 

It's made with chopped pears, vanilla sauce (made with pine nuts), cinnamon and agave....it tastes delicious! 

And if you have a couple of spoons of leftovers (well, impossible, I tell you) you can add them to any smoothie and it will make it rich and creamy, more yummy! No photo… we ate it too quickly. :)


We also made a Sweet Pea Soup. I tweaked a version I found on the internet and here is my own version :) with photo on top of the page:


Sweet Pea Soup


Serves 4 (if you use small bowls)

3 cups sweet peas, thawed (we actually warmed them up slightly)
1 avocado
2 cups cucumbers
2 cups celery (I used only one and it was overpowering so next time there will be none!)
1/4 cup fresh dill
1/4 cup cashews, ground (optional)
2 cloves of garlic (we used 1)
1 green onion
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp miso (we used Soy sauce)
Water until desired consistency is reached
Salt, to taste (we put no salt)

Blend until smooth.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tesco "free from" ginger cookies (with gluten-free oat flour) wheat, dairy and gluten free

Tesco "free from" ginger cookies  http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268624669 Hello everyone! Winter is here and it's been snowing in Norfolk - as well as in the rest of the U.K.  This is the time when all the resolutions of eating only fresh, nutritious food, raw and healthy, disappear at the same speed that the outside temperature decreases. Two weeks ago I decided to go wheat free - just like that - or cold turkey, someone would rather say more idiomatically. Anyway, after reading the first 90 pages of The Wheat Belly recipe book by Dr. Davies, anybody with a brain will start wondering if wheat is such a healthy food after all. This is not to say that Dr. Davies is 100% correct in his assumption, but let's discuss this in another post - suffice to say that in the middle of January, when most people enjoy wheat-based dishes such as pasta, bread, pasties, cakes etc. I suddenly decided to see if I would...

The pirate drawing!

I love how Marie has coloured my pirate. Such a cute choice of pastel colours. Who on earth said that pirates must wear just black and earth colours! This is great! Brava! I found this on the Colouring Heaven FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ColouringHeaven/photos/ms.c.eJxFjlsOACEIA2~_04WER7n~_xVVT4Ipl0ShlOPilIRExYP06g7ABinQvIwz3EnRocZZSCBbBiLxF6EqXE2KUY0kp~_EW4lv0wrkDugXepZSriAiVKxqNI402eDnTC8HWvWSdR0ybc23lvNZaGEHyX2Osg~-.bps.a.1577375305909106.1073741851.1461766297470008/1580873155559321/?type=3&theater

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel - and fighting rabbits! (video included)

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel I'm having great fun in my 12.5 mt long polytunnel. Not only I get to see my plants thrive in almost 39C during sunny days, but I fight some cute rabbits every day as they dig under the doors and destroy my cauliflower and boccoli plants! I'm not a professional gardener or photographer, but I hope you will enjoy my basic photos of plant life in the hottest spot of my garden. You will also see that we captured a baby rabbit who was guilty of untold damage and a then we released it (he was sooo cuddly!)  But 2 weeks later, we caught him again and this time we released it in a park nearby (full of other rabbits, water etc) so he can eat plenty of produce - just not ours! A video is available on the bottom of this page. The first night we moved the strawberries outdoors, they were not protected, and the morning after the rabbits had eaten most of the plants - leaves and all! Needless to say, we rushed to build a ...