Skip to main content

Recipe: Heavenly blackberry sorbet





















Another recipe I tried today!


Heavenly blackberry sorbet

Blend in the smoothie maker the following ingredients:

2 ripe bananas
200 gr. of your favourite blackberries 
10 ice cubes + some water
6 dates, pitted
2 ripe pears
a tsp of strawberry flavour (1 tiny lid from the bottle)
3 tbsp honey (you can put less if the berries are ripe)
1 avocado (it gives creaminess)

You will obtain 400gr of product for a bowl of sorbet and enough to make seven ice-lollies or if you have an ice-cream maker, some lovely ice-cream (it melts fast)

We loved the taste of this recipe!

Wheel of Radiance Poster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tesco "free from" ginger cookies (with gluten-free oat flour) wheat, dairy and gluten free

Tesco "free from" ginger cookies  http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268624669 Hello everyone! Winter is here and it's been snowing in Norfolk - as well as in the rest of the U.K.  This is the time when all the resolutions of eating only fresh, nutritious food, raw and healthy, disappear at the same speed that the outside temperature decreases. Two weeks ago I decided to go wheat free - just like that - or cold turkey, someone would rather say more idiomatically. Anyway, after reading the first 90 pages of The Wheat Belly recipe book by Dr. Davies, anybody with a brain will start wondering if wheat is such a healthy food after all. This is not to say that Dr. Davies is 100% correct in his assumption, but let's discuss this in another post - suffice to say that in the middle of January, when most people enjoy wheat-based dishes such as pasta, bread, pasties, cakes etc. I suddenly decided to see if I would...

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel - and fighting rabbits! (video included)

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel I'm having great fun in my 12.5 mt long polytunnel. Not only I get to see my plants thrive in almost 39C during sunny days, but I fight some cute rabbits every day as they dig under the doors and destroy my cauliflower and boccoli plants! I'm not a professional gardener or photographer, but I hope you will enjoy my basic photos of plant life in the hottest spot of my garden. You will also see that we captured a baby rabbit who was guilty of untold damage and a then we released it (he was sooo cuddly!)  But 2 weeks later, we caught him again and this time we released it in a park nearby (full of other rabbits, water etc) so he can eat plenty of produce - just not ours! A video is available on the bottom of this page. The first night we moved the strawberries outdoors, they were not protected, and the morning after the rabbits had eaten most of the plants - leaves and all! Needless to say, we rushed to build a ...

Raw pringles with a spicy paprika flavour

Raw pringles with a spicy paprika flavour Today I've prepared some lovely dehydrated Pringles and they are delicious - they really melt in the mouth. A bit complex to prepare...but much healthier than crisps. I wonder if flax seeds can be replaced with a cheaper alternative? Raw Pringles, spicy paprika flavour These crisps are so good, they even end up curled like their namesake. I really thought that I had over spiced them but they turned out perfect. Ingredients 1 cup of flax seeds, soaked overnight 3 cups of water half an onion 6 sun dried tomatoes, soaked 2 tsp paprika 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp cayenne pepper Method 1. Blend all together in a high speed blender 2. Spoon dollops onto a wet dehydrator sheet, in rows of 4 x 4. 3. Dehydrate for 8 or so hours then peel off then place back on the tray for another 8 or so hours. OK Franz's comments...DO remember to spread some oil on those sheets or the crisps will crash ...