Skip to main content

Recipe: Delicious raw vegan chocolate spread or dessert

I experimented with a few ingredients and this utterly creamy and awesome spread was the result. Needless to say I loved it so much I made it 3 times last week! Yum!

This is so simple and fast that it beats any cold cereals, toast or other energy snack.


Delicious raw vegan chocolate spread

Ingredients:

2 ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
1 ripe banana
no more than 1/3 cup of water (add as little as possible)
1 tsp maple syrup or preferred sweetener, as needed
1 drop mint essence
a dash of 70% black cocoa (or your favourite chocolate powder)



Preparation:

Place ingredients in your Vitamin or food processor, blend well, pour into a container and refrigerate. Add water if too thick, or add more cocoa to thicken.


Uses:

Excellent as a dessert, or spread on your favourite fruit/bread/crackers/wraps/breakfast cereals...
You may also add berries, coconut flakes etc as you please.

Variations: this is just another way of getting protein from avocados. So you could use Maca powder instead of cocoa, or any vegetable powder. However, cacao completely hides the avocado taste!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tesco "free from" ginger cookies (with gluten-free oat flour) wheat, dairy and gluten free

Tesco "free from" ginger cookies  http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268624669 Hello everyone! Winter is here and it's been snowing in Norfolk - as well as in the rest of the U.K.  This is the time when all the resolutions of eating only fresh, nutritious food, raw and healthy, disappear at the same speed that the outside temperature decreases. Two weeks ago I decided to go wheat free - just like that - or cold turkey, someone would rather say more idiomatically. Anyway, after reading the first 90 pages of The Wheat Belly recipe book by Dr. Davies, anybody with a brain will start wondering if wheat is such a healthy food after all. This is not to say that Dr. Davies is 100% correct in his assumption, but let's discuss this in another post - suffice to say that in the middle of January, when most people enjoy wheat-based dishes such as pasta, bread, pasties, cakes etc. I suddenly decided to see if I would...

Raw pringles with a spicy paprika flavour

Raw pringles with a spicy paprika flavour Today I've prepared some lovely dehydrated Pringles and they are delicious - they really melt in the mouth. A bit complex to prepare...but much healthier than crisps. I wonder if flax seeds can be replaced with a cheaper alternative? Raw Pringles, spicy paprika flavour These crisps are so good, they even end up curled like their namesake. I really thought that I had over spiced them but they turned out perfect. Ingredients 1 cup of flax seeds, soaked overnight 3 cups of water half an onion 6 sun dried tomatoes, soaked 2 tsp paprika 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp cayenne pepper Method 1. Blend all together in a high speed blender 2. Spoon dollops onto a wet dehydrator sheet, in rows of 4 x 4. 3. Dehydrate for 8 or so hours then peel off then place back on the tray for another 8 or so hours. OK Franz's comments...DO remember to spread some oil on those sheets or the crisps will crash ...

The pirate drawing!

I love how Marie has coloured my pirate. Such a cute choice of pastel colours. Who on earth said that pirates must wear just black and earth colours! This is great! Brava! I found this on the Colouring Heaven FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ColouringHeaven/photos/ms.c.eJxFjlsOACEIA2~_04WER7n~_xVVT4Ipl0ShlOPilIRExYP06g7ABinQvIwz3EnRocZZSCBbBiLxF6EqXE2KUY0kp~_EW4lv0wrkDugXepZSriAiVKxqNI402eDnTC8HWvWSdR0ybc23lvNZaGEHyX2Osg~-.bps.a.1577375305909106.1073741851.1461766297470008/1580873155559321/?type=3&theater