Skip to main content

Raw for 24 hours - complete menu





I have been 85% raw for weeks… and then 95% raw for 2 days… but today I managed 100% raw I think - and I feel great!

Every once in a while it's a good idea to detox from normal foods and go 100% raw. Some people suggest to do it weekly or even monthly.

This is my menu:

Breakfast: peach and pear smoothie
Snack: dry fruit (mostly sultanas) and peanuts
Lunch: a super tasty mushroom soup and then fruit and a large salad
Snack: fruit
Dinner: spring rolls made with lettuce leaves (for the wrapper) filled with veggies
Mixed salad with cucumbers and radish
Fruit salad with one whole pineapple and lots of grapes
Raw ice-cream made with bananas and summer berries
Recipes....and photos.


This menu would be okay for a one day detox only. It is too high in fruit sugars and if you want to improve it, do substitute the fruit with avocado and more substantial vegetables. Being slender, I don't mind…


Mushroom soup:

Provides 1 serving
  1. Blend 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of cashews
  2. Leave the cashew milk you've achieved inside the blender
  3. Add 1 cup mushrooms, 1/2 onion (go easy on that unless it's pre-cooked!) and 1 clove of garlic (same as per onions)
  4. Add 1 grain of Himalayan salt
  5. Mix! It's ready!
  6. If you want, warm it up gently.



Spring rolls:


- choose some round lettuce leafs which are large enough to be able to wrap things inside
- fill them with sliced veggies of your choice (I used mung bean sprouts, mushrooms, etc)
- add your favourite sauce (Soy sauce or sweet and sour...)
- fill each leaf with some veggies, roll up, use tooth picks to hold them in place and eat quickly!


It's a cold dish, however I wouldn't be surprised if it tasted better after 1 hour in my Ezidri!



Raw ice-cream


Definitely a 10/10


- slice one banana and put into the freezer in a container
- open up a can of summer fruit berries or if you are lucky, get the equivalent in fresh fruit
- put all the contents of a can in a separate container and in the freezer
- after 3 hours, take them out and put them in the high powered blender
you will obtain a very creamy smoothie which you can already eat
if you CAN wait, put the mix in the freezer for longer, mix, etc until the consistency of an ice-cream is reached.
Yummy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tesco "free from" ginger cookies (with gluten-free oat flour) wheat, dairy and gluten free

Tesco "free from" ginger cookies  http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268624669 Hello everyone! Winter is here and it's been snowing in Norfolk - as well as in the rest of the U.K.  This is the time when all the resolutions of eating only fresh, nutritious food, raw and healthy, disappear at the same speed that the outside temperature decreases. Two weeks ago I decided to go wheat free - just like that - or cold turkey, someone would rather say more idiomatically. Anyway, after reading the first 90 pages of The Wheat Belly recipe book by Dr. Davies, anybody with a brain will start wondering if wheat is such a healthy food after all. This is not to say that Dr. Davies is 100% correct in his assumption, but let's discuss this in another post - suffice to say that in the middle of January, when most people enjoy wheat-based dishes such as pasta, bread, pasties, cakes etc. I suddenly decided to see if I would...

The pirate drawing!

I love how Marie has coloured my pirate. Such a cute choice of pastel colours. Who on earth said that pirates must wear just black and earth colours! This is great! Brava! I found this on the Colouring Heaven FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ColouringHeaven/photos/ms.c.eJxFjlsOACEIA2~_04WER7n~_xVVT4Ipl0ShlOPilIRExYP06g7ABinQvIwz3EnRocZZSCBbBiLxF6EqXE2KUY0kp~_EW4lv0wrkDugXepZSriAiVKxqNI402eDnTC8HWvWSdR0ybc23lvNZaGEHyX2Osg~-.bps.a.1577375305909106.1073741851.1461766297470008/1580873155559321/?type=3&theater

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel - and fighting rabbits! (video included)

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel I'm having great fun in my 12.5 mt long polytunnel. Not only I get to see my plants thrive in almost 39C during sunny days, but I fight some cute rabbits every day as they dig under the doors and destroy my cauliflower and boccoli plants! I'm not a professional gardener or photographer, but I hope you will enjoy my basic photos of plant life in the hottest spot of my garden. You will also see that we captured a baby rabbit who was guilty of untold damage and a then we released it (he was sooo cuddly!)  But 2 weeks later, we caught him again and this time we released it in a park nearby (full of other rabbits, water etc) so he can eat plenty of produce - just not ours! A video is available on the bottom of this page. The first night we moved the strawberries outdoors, they were not protected, and the morning after the rabbits had eaten most of the plants - leaves and all! Needless to say, we rushed to build a ...