Skip to main content

Recipe: raw pizza




Raw pizza


I found a good recipe in the online book "50 Quick and easy healthy delicious recipes" by the famed British raw food coach Karen Knowler. 

There are several versions of this recipe online and I paid for the download of this e-book, so please ensure copyright is protected.
On the net you will find zillions of similar recipes anyway.


Mushroom “Pizzas”

If you don’t have pre-prepared raw pizza bases laying around (and to
be honest, who does?!) this is a very quick way to get all of the taste
of a raw pizza in a smaller, just as tasty version.

Equipment

Hand blender
OR Food processor
Ingredients

• As many large portabella mushrooms as required (ideally 1- 2 per person)
• 1 cup cashews
• 1 cup macadamia nuts
• Juice of 1 lemon (we found it too strong so we used 1 teaspoon only!)
• 1 clove garlic
• Pizza toppings of your choice – suggested toppings:
Tomato, fresh basil, black olives, chopped red bell pepper.

Directions

1. Wash and/or peel your mushrooms carefully, then de-stalk them. Place them upside
down on a plate.
2. Make your “cheese” by blending the nuts, lemon juice and garlic. You may wish to add
a little water as you blend if this is too chunky for you. (We added garlic)
3. Spread the cheese inside the mushroom where the stalk was before. This is your first
layer and needs to fill the cup.
4. Next, chop your toppings up in such a way that they will fit on top f the cheese layer
and look attractive. The idea is to cover the cheese completely with an array of
different colours, tastes and textures.
5. Serve on a bed of lettuce or other sliced greens and dress with lemon juice. Enjoy!

This is how we tweaked the recipe:

I placed my mushrooms on the dehydrator and I sprinkled a generous amount of garlic powder and oil on them. I started up the machine on high and then started to prepare the toppings. 

When all the veggies were cut, I sprinkled them with oil and garlic and put them in the dehydrator, too.

Then I prepared the cheese, which struggled in the blender so I added more water. In total, all the food has marinated in my Ezidri for almost 2 hours. You could also use a vegan cheese from a supermarket.

We liked this pizza when it was really warm - it is a good side dish though and 2 mushrooms won't fill you up.


RAW COACH TOP TIPS

• If you don’t like mushrooms you can still use the same basic idea but spread the toppings onto flax crackers, lettuce leaves or sprouted bread.

And here are the photos...sorry very bad quality, just using my mobile phone (Why is it that my decent camera always sits unused in its cupboard?)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tesco "free from" ginger cookies (with gluten-free oat flour) wheat, dairy and gluten free

Tesco "free from" ginger cookies  http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268624669 Hello everyone! Winter is here and it's been snowing in Norfolk - as well as in the rest of the U.K.  This is the time when all the resolutions of eating only fresh, nutritious food, raw and healthy, disappear at the same speed that the outside temperature decreases. Two weeks ago I decided to go wheat free - just like that - or cold turkey, someone would rather say more idiomatically. Anyway, after reading the first 90 pages of The Wheat Belly recipe book by Dr. Davies, anybody with a brain will start wondering if wheat is such a healthy food after all. This is not to say that Dr. Davies is 100% correct in his assumption, but let's discuss this in another post - suffice to say that in the middle of January, when most people enjoy wheat-based dishes such as pasta, bread, pasties, cakes etc. I suddenly decided to see if I would...

The pirate drawing!

I love how Marie has coloured my pirate. Such a cute choice of pastel colours. Who on earth said that pirates must wear just black and earth colours! This is great! Brava! I found this on the Colouring Heaven FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ColouringHeaven/photos/ms.c.eJxFjlsOACEIA2~_04WER7n~_xVVT4Ipl0ShlOPilIRExYP06g7ABinQvIwz3EnRocZZSCBbBiLxF6EqXE2KUY0kp~_EW4lv0wrkDugXepZSriAiVKxqNI402eDnTC8HWvWSdR0ybc23lvNZaGEHyX2Osg~-.bps.a.1577375305909106.1073741851.1461766297470008/1580873155559321/?type=3&theater

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel - and fighting rabbits! (video included)

Growing crops in a commercial size polytunnel I'm having great fun in my 12.5 mt long polytunnel. Not only I get to see my plants thrive in almost 39C during sunny days, but I fight some cute rabbits every day as they dig under the doors and destroy my cauliflower and boccoli plants! I'm not a professional gardener or photographer, but I hope you will enjoy my basic photos of plant life in the hottest spot of my garden. You will also see that we captured a baby rabbit who was guilty of untold damage and a then we released it (he was sooo cuddly!)  But 2 weeks later, we caught him again and this time we released it in a park nearby (full of other rabbits, water etc) so he can eat plenty of produce - just not ours! A video is available on the bottom of this page. The first night we moved the strawberries outdoors, they were not protected, and the morning after the rabbits had eaten most of the plants - leaves and all! Needless to say, we rushed to build a ...